The site-specific project La Visita will bring Peeping Tom’s theatricality, disruption and surrealism into the new world of art galleries. Through Peeping Tom’s own characters, the artworks and the museum’s characters, the audience will be taken into a parallel mental world, portraying what usually remains hidden.
For a long time, museums and art galleries have found their way into the work of Peeping Tom. In Moeder, the performance was set in a space that at once was maternity ward, funeral home, sound booth and art gallery – as if life was exposed for everyone to see.
It is Peeping Tom’s first site-specific creation, and establishes a dialogue with every new location it visits. Each space becomes a catalyst for stories, characters, and images oscillating between reality and fiction.
Archetypes from past creations are being rehoused and continue their stories, while intermingling with the real people who work, live and study every day in these spaces, who here become part of the work of art. In La Visita, life becomes art, art becomes life, boundaries blur. It is a performance that is in constant development, and never twice the same.
Winner of the FEDORA Van Cleef & Arpels Prize for Ballet 2021.
- Genre: Dance / Performance
- Direction: Gabriela Carrizo
- Creation & performance: Charlotte Clamens, Eurudike De Beul, Marie Gyselbrecht, Hun-Mok Jung, Brandon Lagaert, Yi-Chun Liu, Romeu Runa
- Coproduction: KMSKA - Koninklijk Museum voor Schone Kunsten Antwerpen (BE), Théâtre de la Ville Paris (FR), La Biennale de la Danse Lyon (FR), Fondazione I Teatri Reggio Emilia (IT)
- With the support of: Belgische Tax Shelter, Collezione Maramotti Reggio Emilia, Nexo Digital
WINNER FEDORA 2021
Van Cleef & Arpels Prize for Ballet