Histoire(s) du Théâtre IV: One Song
What is your history as a theatre maker? At the invitation of NTGent, Miet Warlop formulates an answer as only she can. In the series Histoire(s) du Théâtre she is the fourth director to accept the challenge of a creation in which present, past and future meet each other in an inspiring way – after Milo Rau, Faustin Linyekula and Angélica Liddell.
Histoire(s) du Théâtre IV : ONE SONG is set in the unique universe of Warlop, where eight performers enter the arena for a mesmerizing ritual about farewell, life and death, hope and resurrection. The past is the present is the future.
- Genre: Theatre
- World premiere: July 2022 (Festival d'Avignon)
- Direction: Miet Warlop
- Creation & performance: Wietse Tanghe, Karin Tanghe, Willem Lenaerts, Josse de Broeck, Milan Schudel, Elisabeth Klinck & Kris Auman
- Music: Maarten Van Cauwenberghe
- Coproduction: DE SINGEL, Tandem Arras Douai, Théâtre Dijon Bourgogne CDN, HAU et al
- With the support of: De Vlaamse Overheid, Stad Gent
“The imagination that Miet manages to evoke in her performances by mixing different styles attracts our more than ordinary attention time and time again. The transformation of her images and content into an ever-surprising new form is just one of the reasons why we always enjoy having this interesting artist with us.”
Milo Rau - NTGent